Stefano Trasatti has been a Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry (now Department of Chemistry) since November 2002. He completed his PhD in corrosion in 1994 and received his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Chemistry in 1995. He worked at Henkel Surface Technologies, Milan, Italy (1996-1999), and then joined Centro Sviluppo Materiali S.p.A., Rome, Italy as head of the Corrosion and Electrochemistry Laboratory (1999-2002). Since returning to the University of Milan in 2002, he has established a thriving research group working on corrosion and related topics. He is the author of more than 40 peer-reviewed papers, 60 conference proceedings, 50 technical papers and one patent in the field of metallic corrosion. His research interests include organic coatings, active-passive materials corrosion, corrosion monitoring and control, use of artificial intelligence systems in the study of corrosion.
Main publications in the last three years:
Comotti, Ilaria M.; Trueba, Monica; Trasatti, Stefano P.
The pit transition potential in the repassivation of aluminium alloys
SURFACE AND INTERFACE ANALYSIS Volume: 45 Issue: 10 Pages: 1575-1584 Published: OCT 2013
Da Forno, A.; Bestetti, M.; Trasatti, S. P.; Trueba, M
Properties of oxide-silane composite coating on AZ31 magnesium alloy
TRANSACTIONS OF THE INSTITUTE OF METAL FINISHING Volume: 91 Issue: 5 Pages: 275-280 Published: SEP 2013
Guerrini, Edoardo; Cristiani, Pierangela; Trasatti, Stefano Pierpaolo Marcello
Relation of anodic and cathodic performance to pH variations in membraneless microbial fuel cells
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY Volume: 38 Issue: 1 Pages: 345-353 Published: JAN 11 2013
Volpi, Enrico; Trueba, Monica; Trasatti, Stefano P.; Trasatti, S
Effect of polypyrrole conformational rearrangement on Al alloys corrosion protection
JOURNAL OF ELECTROANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY Volume: 688 Special Issue: SI Pages: 289-297 Published: JAN 1 2013
- Volpi, E., Trueba, M., Trasatti, S.P., Electrochemical investigation of conformational rearrangements of
polypyrrole deposited on Al alloys, PROGRESS IN ORGANIC COATINGS (2012) vol. 74 (2) , pp. 376-384.
- Flamini, D.O., Trueba, M., Trasatti, S.P., Aniline-based silane as a primer for corrosion inhibition of
aluminium, PROGRESS IN ORGANIC COATINGS (2012) vol. 74 (2) , pp. 302-310.
- Gastaldi, V. Sassi, L. Petrini, M. Vedani, S.P. Trasatti, F. Migliavacca Continuum damage model for
bioresorbable agnesium alloy devices — Application to coronary stents, JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL
BEHAVIOUR OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS (2011) vol.4, pp.352-365.
- Rizzi, M., Trueba, M., Trasatti, S.P., Polypyrrole films on Al alloys: The role of structural changes on
protection performance, SYNTHETIC METALS (2011) vol. 161 (1-2), pp. 23-31.
- M. Trueba, S.P. Trasatti, Study of Al alloy corrosion in neutral NaCl by the pitting scan technique,
MATERIALS CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS, (2010) vol. 121(3), pp.523-533.
- S. Fare, Ge QA, G. Vimercati, D. Gastaldi, F. Migliavacca, L. Petrini, S.P. Trasatti, M. Vedani,
Evaluation of material properties and design requirements for biodegradable magnesium stents,
MATERIARIO DEJANEIRO, (2010)vol.15(2),pp.103-112.
- M. Trueba, S.P. Trasatti, Pyrrole-based silane primer for corrosion protection of commercial aluminium
alloys. EFC Series No. 58 Self-Healing Properties of New Surface Treatments, edited by L. Fedrizzi, ISBN:
978 1 906540 36 4, (2010).
- M. Trueba, S.P. Trasatti, Pyrrole-based silane primer for corrosion protection of commercial Al alloys
Part I: Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization, PROGRESS IN ORGANIC COATINGS (2009) vol. 66(3),
- M. Trueba, S.P. Trasatti, Pyrrole-based silane primer for corrosion protection of commercial Al alloys.
Part II. Corrosion performance in neutral NaCl solution, PROGRESS IN ORGANIC COATINGS, (2009) vol.
66(3) pp. 265-275.
- M. Trueba, S.P. Trasatti, Characterization and corrosion performance of poly(pyrrole-siloxane) films
on commercial Al alloys, JOURNAL OF APPLIED ELECTROCHEMISTRY, (2009) vol. 39(11) Special Issue, pp.